Monday, August 3, 2009

Creative Prompt "Remember" & print play



Creative prompt #24 was Remember and in response to it, I decided to doodle a diary. Too bad I can't find the key....might be some interesting stuff in there.

I also spent a little time transferring some of my previous doodles to fabric. Some were printed directly onto fabric while others were done using a photocopy transfer method involving the use of a solvent. Then as you can see I added a little colour to a few using coloured pencil and textile medium. I don't really care for the added colour all that much. ( I much prefer those black and white or grayscale images), however, I kinda like the way the exclamation mark looks.
I am planning on turning these all into postcards at some point but for now just testing a few ideas. Gotta make more play time and get out the paints and inks.

If you are new to my blog and want to know more about these creative prompts or possibly join in,, click on the picture of Clara the Cow on my sidebar.

6 comments:

Nadine said...

These doodles are really fabulous! Calling them "doodles" seems an injustice, really. Hurry up and make postcards so I can buy a set or two! I think larger prints would be awesome as well. Ooohh, and how about some custom work? You know, someone sends you a word, and you doodle it!?!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Love the diary! I like the color added, but next to the bl/wh.. I'm with you- I like the basic bl/wh better. All will make wonderful pcs.-so inspiring.

Debra Dixon said...

Way past doodling in my opinion! Really fabulous!

Diane J. Evans said...

Can't wait to see the postcards -- and I do like the doodles in color. I mentioned that you inspired me to try my hand, and I've been coloring mine in as I go, to see if they'll translate into something. You motivate me, girlfriend!

Diane

Sherri said...

great idea for the word: remember! I agree that most of your designs look best without color. they really make a statement!

Jaye said...

I think it is so wonderful that your prompt responses have spurred you to go an extra step! I love your tests and think that was kind of the hope int he back of my mind.

Copyright Jill Buckley