Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Labels & Doodles


 Note*  if you are looking for information on printing fabric with an inkjet printer and or, a homemade Bubble Jet Set solution......please click on the "Tutorials" tab above.......it contains the most complete and up to date info

Want to be sure your quilt and it's label are never separated? Instead of merely adding the label to the back when the quilt is finished why not use your label as part of the pieced back? That is exactly what I have done with this quilt...sorry can't show you the front just yet.......well....okay how about a little sneak peak.
Since my fabric was not quite wide enough and had to be pieced anyway I decided to go ahead, print my label to incorporate it into the backing.

Have you tried making my homemade Bubble Jet Set solution? you can find those earlier posts here. While my first few batches stayed clear, my most recent one, I discovered, had separated and settled in the bottom of the jar. Not sure why, but I went ahead and shook it up......it was cloudy, sort of like watery milk but it worked fine and was just as effective as before.

Now for the doodles........did you notice my initials on the label? I try to include them on all of my labels.
Jaye is still providing us with our weekly prompt and this week's CPP word is Whisk so here is what I have for you Jaye.

8 comments:

Bunny said...

Wow all I can say is WOW just spent some time checking out your photos of your work. Just wonderful work. Be proud.

Karen S said...

Oooh -- can't wait to see the front!

I think that putting on the label and then quilting through it is a marvelous idea -- piecing it in is just genius!

Clare Wassermann said...

my goodness you have been busy xx some great ideas xx

Sherri said...

Your whisk is far more elegant than mine! lol I also love your slide show on the side bar. Guess who else NOW has one. :D I have two projects almost ready to be labeled. I may give some of your suggestions a try too! Thanks dearie!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't compare to you! Your genious!!

Diane J. Evans said...

I am really intrigued by your sneak peek -- absolutely can't wait to see the whole enchilada. Your creativity knows no bounds!

Diane

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

The whisk looks like a royal scepter used in some of the Mardi Gras royalty floats!
I guess that's stuck in my brain....I need to *whisk* it out and move on!
Great idea for the labels.....

XXOO!!
Anne

Jaye said...

Jill, as usual your prompt response is FANTASTIC! I love your work and am so pleased you joined the project.

I have been on back making this weekend. I almost always piece my backs, because I already have a lot of fabric, so I might as well use it. As a result, I almost always include the label as part of the fabric of the back and quilt over it so that it is nice and secure. Sometimes I don't piece smaller backs and I do worry about those quilts walking off.

Copyright Jill Buckley