Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just teasing

Not too long ago, a guild member told me she was considering opening her very own quilt shop. I told her that if she did, I would design a pattern for her to commemorate the opening. Well, that shop will be a reality in just a couple of weeks and I did design a pattern that the shop owner will be giving away on opening day. It is really just a block, but by adding a few borders, it could be turned it into a nice little wall hanging, a cushion, a table topper, multiple blocks repeated would create an interesting quilt.......well you get the idea.
I made mine into a small wall hanging that I will show soon, but for now, here is just a tease.


I have noticed recently, that the word verification process has become very frustrating for those wanting to leave comments, so it has now been removed.

12 comments:

Kim said...

I removed my word identification too...it is awful.

well this looks beautiful so far, look at all those tiny stitches.
Maybe you'll have to do something for every anniversary too.
What a terrific way to start her new business.

Happy Sewing

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

it looks very interesting! I am just going to try my first applique block this week !!
Where is the shop?
ps..I removed my word identification too...no problems with spam at all so far!

Quilt or Dye said...

That is a wonderful gift for your friend!

Unknown said...

What an interesting tease - can't wait for the big reveal - and what a lovely, generous thing to do for your friend
I've been thinking about removing the verification system too

Terri Stegmiller said...

What a lovely idea to make the pattern for your friends Grand Opening. Can't wait to see the entire piece.

Now I'm wondering if I have that new and not improved word verification. I better go check as I know it is very frustrating.

Sherri said...

Nice tease...and I turned off my word verification too. blah!

Robbie said...

Your block looks wonderful!! The shop will be thrilled as will the customers!! And I agree with double words for posting! Who knew...I thought folks did this on their own! I just checked and mine is the same! UGH!

Diane J. Evans said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the whole thing -- soon, I hope??

Diane

Denise :) said...

Oooh! This is very "royal" looking! I can't wait to see it in its entirety!! And *thank you* for removing word verification!!! :)

Dolores said...

Ohhh, I would love to see the whole quilt. I got rid of the word verification too. Way too long otherwise to expect people to comment.
Congratulations on your friend's endeavour.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Yay for removing the word verification! Love that teaser!

Createology said...

What a touching thing to do for your friend and her new shoppe. Your design looks fabulous from this tease. Customers should be really inspired. Joyful...

Copyright Jill Buckley