Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sharing the fun

As you may remember, I was participating in an ATC swap with the Quilting Gallery, I sent mine off to Sheila Craigie aka....  aubirdwoman This is what she would find in her mailbox. (I also sent a small piece of hand painted fabric but I apparently neglected to take a photo of it)
Last week's CPP Prompt word was Bird, so when I saw the name of my swap partner's blog I thought this was perfect.

But, since I know that many of you enjoy seeing my doodles, I thought I would show you this one. It was done as a semi-secret project for a wonderful Internet friend. After completing this drawing, I printed it on cotton, did lots of quilting and entrusted it to the post office. I have learned that it has indeed reached it's destination.
 
In many ways, I am sure that the electronic age has lessened the amount of mail the post office sees, but at the same time, I think bloggers likely fill some of the void with all of the little packages that make their way around the world.



14 comments:

Robbie said...

Just wonderful work, Jill! I'm sure Sheila will be in awe to have one of your ATC's!!! Of course, your so called "doodles" are AMAZING!!!

Debbie said...

Fabulous as always! The bird is wonderful and KNOW she will love it. But that elegant feline is awesome. Just purr-fect! What a wonderful treat to enjoy your work.

Anonymous said...

I love, love the cat! It's purr-fect!

Kim said...

A JOY to see your work as always.

And yes I do thing bloggers are generous I send and receive plenty of great packages with other bloggers,from swaps, giveaways and sometimes just nice little treats.

Happy Sewing

Birdydownunder said...

Yes she is 'in awe' I am the lucky owner of them now.
Your creativity just astounds me.
Regarding the Post Office. There is always a queue to the door (ie approx 14 or 15 folk) whenever I seem to go to mail my parcels.
btw I think there must be something in the Canadian water to make you girls so creative.

Diane J. Evans said...

LOVE the cat -- your doodles always draw me in and enchant me as I look at every nook and cranny. You have so much fun with these, don't you?

Diane

Createology said...

Jill dear I am swooning over your doodle drawings. I so want to buy YOUR art in a coloring book you create. Yes we do support the postal service.

landscapelady said...

love the cat, if my sophie was a doodle, she would look exactly like that!

Sherri said...

swoon....your cards and fabric are so cool! I just finished my cards too. I did not go in the direction I originally was going to go in though!

Can I be you when I grow up? :D

Jaye said...

Great repurposing (??) of the CPP responses. I think the cat will also work well for the butterfly prompt - #123. Thanks for participating!

sewnut said...

Jill, you have provided so much inspiration through your blog, it might be time to consider publishing a book.
just saying....

Carrie said...

I've been interested in Zentangle's for a few years, and I really think your Doodles are some of the best I've seen. Your swap partner will love these.

Carrie said...

I've been interested in Zentangle's for a few years, and I really think your Doodles are some of the best I've seen. Your swap partner will love these.

janet.s said...

Hi Jill! I love your doodles. I came across your blog while looking for information on how to make ATC's. I love your technique using your doodles. I will be demonstrating ATC's at our guild meeting on the 21st August and I would really appreciate it,if you would give me permission to use the doodle in that blog post.Thanks. Janet

Copyright Jill Buckley