Monday, April 15, 2013

Janome MC 9900 in Action

On Saturday I popped into Al's Vacuum & Sewing Centre in Sarnia, Ontario. I was hoping I'd get a chance to see the new machine, Angela and Mike were in the shop, both were extremely helpful and more than willing to show me what it could do. I excitedly explained that I had actually created a few of the built in designs and asked if it would be possible to see one of them stitched out. Before I knew it, Angela had fabric in a hoop and ready to go, with just a few touches on the screen, I was watching my design emerge in thread.

here you see the pincushion design in progress

stitched out, roughly 6" across
and here, the MC9900 is stitching the little vintage toy sewing machine design, you can see it displayed on the machine's screen.

Al's will host an event in early May with Janome Educator, Linda Pidzamecky, I plan to attend to learn more about this machine. So far it looks fabulous, VERY user friendly and in addition to the embroidery function, I already see many of the familiar features that I love about my MC6600.

I have decided to build a small scrappy "sewing" themed quilt around one of the embroideries, here is a peek at what I am designing.



18 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh they look awesome!!! Too bad you didn't get a free machine out of the deal...HA!

Robbie said...

How exciting to see your work come to life!!! Congrats (again!)...I just love these designs!

The Inside Stori said...

Congrats.......how exciting this moment must have been for you!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a beautiful design and a great machine too!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Very cool!!

Jackie said...

So happy for you=)

Royce said...

wow that is just fantastic to see your art as embroidery. Are you dreaming about that machine?

Unknown said...

Очень красиво! Вышивка прекрасна.

landscapelady said...

there are so many possibities for these designs! making a couple of quilts is a great idea, will also help janome sell the product. tote bags and that type of thing would also be fabulous with these designs. wish I had an embrodery machine, I would buy these for sure.

Clare Wassermann said...

How wonderful to see it in all its textural glory!

Diane J. Evans said...

So cool! Can you just imagine all the projects that could be built around your designs? Tote bags and bookmarks and quilts, oh my!!

Congratulations again -- such a well-deserved honor.

Diane

Kim said...

How fantastic your doodles look in thread.....you are amazing! That quilt is going to be adorable!
Is this the embroidery from the blog post?
Congrats Jill to another feather in your cap.

Happy Sewing

Anna said...

How exciting to see your designs emerging, the quilt is going to be fun.

Joan said...

How fantastic Jill - well done!! I love it - you clever person
!! :)

Karin said...

That's so great!!! I bet you have such a glowing warm feeling all over.

how wonderful

Elizabeth said...

Love your embroidery designs. I hope they are digitized for more machines than just Janome. If so, who sells them?

Createology said...

Your doodle designs look fabulous in thread from the Janome. How very exciting to see it in action. Your quilt will be lovely. Congratulations once again dear Jill.

Karin said...

I can not help getting more excited each time I hear and see more about this.

Copyright Jill Buckley